Native Texan living in Houston with my husband, son, and a fluffy Angora rabbit named Bunny. I work remotely as an instructor for UC Berkeley Extension’s Professional Sequence in Editing and edit for HarperCollins Publishers, mostly their Christian and leadership imprints.
Thankful for the publishing professionals who mentor me, pointing out my mistakes and inspiring me to become a more knowledgeable, professional, effective editor.
Introduction to Typography | California School of the Arts
Learning to Teach Online | University of New South Wales
Editing Certificate | University of Chicago Graham School
- Beginning Manuscript Editing
- Intermediate Manuscript Editing
- Advanced Manuscript Editing
- Editing Electronically
- Grammar for Professionals
B.S., Biblical Studies | Moody Bible Institute
- Introduction to Mass Communications
- English Composition I and II
Craftsman (fiction; 1 year program) | Christian Writers Guild
Apprenticeship (2 year program) | Christian Writers Guild
Ancient Near East studies
Mental Illness treatments and therapies
PTSD and trauma recovery
Languages (some experience/familiar, but not fluent):
- American Sign Language
Teaching & speaking
Instructor, UC Berkeley Extension
- Grammar, Mechanics, and Usage for Editors
- Editorial Workshop I: Beginning Copyediting
- Editorial Workshop II: Intermediate Copyediting
- ACES National Conference
- EFA (Editorial Freelancers Association) Houston chapter
- Maranatha Christian Writers Conference
- University of Chicago’s Graham School webinar panel
- Freelancing for Publishers
- Chicago Manual of Style
- Style manuals for book publishing
software & styles
- Adobe Acrobat DC & Reader DC
- InDesign CC 2019
- Microsoft Office Suite 365
- PDF-XChange Editor
- Chicago Manual of Style 17th ed.
- Christian Writers Manual of Style 4th ed.
- Society of Biblical Literature (SBL) Handbook of Style 2nd ed.
- Turabian style (Chicago)